The International Secondary School Olympiad “Caucasus Mathematical Olympiad” was founded in 2015 by the initiative of Daud Mamiy, Dean of the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Sciences at Adyghe State University. The founder of the Olympiad was a non-profit partnership “Center for new technologies in education “Matema” The first Olympiad took place in 2015-2016 academic year at “Sirius” Education center (Sochi, Russian Federation). School children from 15 regions of the Southern Russia participated in that Olympiad.
The goal of the Olympiad is to create a cultural and educational space that unites regions of the Southern Russia, countries of the Caucasus region, and Black Sea countries, to form and strengthen friendships among school children who are interested in Math from Russia, countries of the Caucasus region, and Black Sea countries.
The second Caucasus Mathematical Olympiad will take place on March 13-18, 2017, in Maykop, Republic of Adygea. The organizers of the Olympiad are Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Adygea and Adyghe State University.
The Olympiad consists of two age leagues:
- Junior League: students of Grades 8-9 of schools in Russia and students of equivalent grades in foreign countries;
- Senior League: students of Grades 10-11 of schools in Russia and students of equivalent grades in foreign countries.
The Coordination Council invites students of Grades 8-11 of 15 regions in the Southern Russia (Southern and North-Caucasus Federal Districts) and students of equivalent grades in foreign countries to participate in the Olympiad. We invite
- Winners and award recipients of the final round of the Russian Secondary School Mathematical Olympiad among Grades 9-10 in 2015-2016 school year,
- school students of the Southern Russia who won in the final round of the Euler Olympiad in 2015-2016 school year,
- students in Grades 9, 10, and 11 who won in the regional rounds of the Russian Mathematical Olympiad in 2016-2017 or in the regional rounds of the Euler Olympiad in the Southern Russia in 2016-2017.
Apart from the competition, the program of the Olympiad will introduce participants to the nature, history, and culture of Adygea; the program will include popular lectures on Math and Natural Sciences, as well as various cultural and sport events.
Contacts of the Organizing Committee: